Thursday, March 29, 2012

week 1

well, one week down. I'm doing pretty good. still lots of soreness, especially in the morning. thats my worse time and I have a hard time getting going. By mid morning I am coming alive though. I'm a morning person so it's hard to feel like absolute crap in the morning. soooo stiff, swelled and sore in the mornings.

went to the plastic surgeon yesterday. I was worn out before even leaving the house, which made just going there hell. I woke up really dizzy (HATE the Vicodin) and kept sweating so I wanted at least a bath before going. No showers aloud yet and it's been a week (GROSS). Matt was not thrilled I wanted to sit in the tub. Not being able to use my arm strength he was scared I wouldn't be able to get out. so was I, but I was desperate for more than a sponge bath. It went fine, got out ok, even had a few laughs over the whole ordeal, but we couldn't figure out how to wash my disgusting flattened hair.

I decided to stop by great clips on the way to get my hair washed. HEAVEN!! so, got out of the tub, dressed, emptied my drains and left. I was totally exhausted already, desperately wanting the recliner. the ride, 40 minutes, to the dr wasn't fun either. I am really, really swelled.

Dr comes in, asks for my sheet that we've recorded the drain amounts on. sheet? What sheet?? No one told us to record any amounts, just to empty them and take notice of the amounts. He was none too happy, lectured us a bit, but as Matt pointed out on the way home, why didn't HE tell us the day he came to the hospital and released me? he left no discharge orders at all. so I have the drains until next Wednesday, boo. I don't think he would've taken them out anyway, still a lot of stuff.

he comments on how swelled I am, leaves and comes back with this elastic strap and puts it around me, around the top of my chest. OMG. this thing is a torture strap. It's SOOOOOO tight!!!! I can hardly breathe and feel panic coming on. I'm totally exhausted, so ready to go home, very sore and now constricted. I can't even think how to explain how tight this thing is. he says to wear it most of the time. take it off to shower or if I go to a party or something. I looked at him like he was insane. A party?! really?! He laughs.

we leave, get out to the car and I cannot breathe. Matt's telling me to undo it until we get home where I can relax. I finally do, such a relief!!! I wear it to bed, wake up at 2am in so much pain. Undo it for a while and hook it back up til 6:30am. Put it back on at 10 and wore it til 6. seems to be helping...more on the left than right. this thing is NOT my friend. I go back next Wednesday and he BETTER tell me I'm done with it. I get my drains out that day too. YAY!!!!!

So, here I sit in the recliner all day. My butt is so sore. Been on the phone most of the day and watched some stuff from my DVR. It was my first day alone. went good. Tomorrow I go see the breast surgeon. I sure hope it doesn't wear me out!! I got the ok for showers, so will be doing that tonight instead of tomorrow. should go ok....I hope. Kari is coming out to take me.

Honestly I can't believe how far I've come in one week. amazing. trying to be patient with the healing. Not like I can do much of anything anyway. Made myself lunch and was ready to be back in the recliner. Odd to get so tired from making lunch.

thanks for all the cards, flowers, gifts, texts and calls. keeping me from going crazy with boredom!

No comments:

Post a Comment