Sunday, March 25, 2012

I made it!!

I can't type too much right now due to soreness and pulling, especially on the right side, but wanted to let everyone know I'm home. everything went well. surgery lasted longer than they anticipated. I had a pretty good day Friday but Saturday was absolute hell. my own fault and maybe a little bit of the nurses for not making me eat, but whatever, you live and learn. I woke up yesterday and thought I felt pretty good until breakfast came. I took two bites of scrambled eggs and realized my stomach didn't feel all that great. that created a horrible vicious cycle for the day. taking Vicodin, not eating or hardly drinking was not a good combination. My back was killing me from the HORRIBLE bed I had and so was my neck. that kept getting worse and worse and my stomach too. I ended up going home last night simply because of my headache. I knew I couldn't sleep in that bed again. By the time we got home...car ride was hell...any pain meds I had were completely gone, my head felt like my brain was bleeding and I thought for sure I was going to throw up. Matt was so upset that I came home. he called the dr answering service and he too was upset I went home (plastic surgeon released me). he told Matt I was hypoglycemic (hyper??) and MAKE me eat. I forced an orange down and a half a piece of toast, some Vicodin and started feeling better.

doing much better today. Sore obviously. Very tight and rock hard. All swelled up. It's been an adventure so far, that's for sure. glad to be home and healing.

Chest muscles tired, more tomorrow. Kari is spending the week with me, maybe I'll get her to dictate for me lol.

so happy to be home and cancer free!!!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the update Marge!! I've been checking facebook and here the past 3 days. Please take it easy and try to eat a little more! Big Hugs! NO MORE CANCER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're home, you stubborn hardheaded woman. lol. Yep, you have to keep food in you taking those drugs. Be careful and please don't rush things.
    love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't even imagine! Hope your feeling at least some relief by now but I have to guess it's not much. A little better every day. Soon to be healed. Try to keep the good thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you. Hoping for that good news of "NO EVIDENCE OF MALIGNANCY!"

    ReplyDelete