Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My last day having cancer

Wow am I ever glad to be able to say that!! I've been strangely calm all day. Ever since I found out I have breast cancer, I've envisioned this day to be full of worries and stress and maybe some tears. I'm the opposite. I've been in a good mood all day and have gotten so much done! Plus, I've talked on the phone a lot!! I feel really loved with all the phone calls I've gotten today.


My house is spotless, my car is spotless, my dog is spotless lol. Someone told me that I'm nesting. I thought I was nesting when I was getting ready to have a baby. I just want a clean house before I can't do anything for a while! For those of you who know me, you know I want my house clean lol. Well, it's mopped, vacuumed, dusted, laundry done, and even got a lot of spring cleaning in this past month.


Now I am ready to move onto my new life. I have lots of plans for my new life. I am so thankful that I caught this very early and can have the mastectomies and be done with cancer. No more worries. 


This whole ordeal has brought me and Matt so much closer. We've always been close but this has changed something between us. We've never taken each other for granted but now we are really thankful for each other. Matt has done a lot of really thoughtful, kind, sweet things for me since December 14th. My favorite is the Martina McBride CD waiting in my car when I came out of the grocery store with "I'm gonna love you through it" ready to play when I started the car. He went and bought the CD while I was shopping and placed it in there. Needless to say I bawled all the way home! Have you heard that song?! I love him so much. I'm gonna love him through this too and everything else in life.


I will post when I can. I'll have my iPad at the hospital with me and my cell if you want to text me. As soon as I am able I will post here. Have no idea when that will be!


See you all when I am a new woman! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment