Friday, February 3, 2012

PISSED. OFF.

After waiting for 16 days for my BRCA results, I decided to call today, out to the lab in Utah and see what they had to say. Dr office is supposed to be calling me with test results. I ask how long it takes to get results and they say usually 14 days. My heart starts racing, thinking I'm about to hear whether I'm positive or not. She looks up my account and proceeds to tell me that Dr Pallas, the oncologist who ordered the test didn't send in the letter of medical necessity. The lab has been faxing and faxing, several times, asking for the letter before they can run the test. She said she ended up calling on Wednesday because she was thinking they weren't getting her faxes. They were getting them....and not responding. I asked why they weren't responding. She said, I asked too and Shannon, the girl who drew my blood, helped me with the requisition form, said she asked Dr Pallas for the letter of medical necessity and he hasn't given it to her yet. This letter was supposed to go out to Utah WITH the blood and with the requisition form and with the copy of my insurance cards. I could've had my results TODAY had the dr office got off their asses and did their jobs. Every single day I sit here with my phone next to me, waiting for it to ring, thinking today is the day I'll get the results and then I can move on, make appts with plastic surgeons, get this going. Every single day I wake up thinking today is the day. I carry my phone to the basement just in case it rings. I run to it when it does ring. You know what the problem is here?! The problem is that the dr office has already forgot about me. THEY don't have cancer so no hurry to them. THEY don't have to wake up in the middle of the night every single night of their lives and the very first thing as soon as their mind works is the words I have breast cancer. They don't have to wait and wait and wait and anticipate getting their breasts cut off. I left that office and left their minds. Why would they even send the packet out there incomplete? And then just forget about it and not even answer the faxes?? I am beyond pissed right now. I am on the edge of losing it. THE EDGE. right there. one little tiny comment, action, word, mistake away from completely losing it on someone.


So now it's going to be another 2-3 weeks, could be more, before I get results. they have to wait for the letter to get to Utah. Then the lab has to submit it to my insurance and my insurance has to review it all and submit it and see if they'll cover it. And the BART Shannon ordered, they don't cover it. It's $700. I didn't even know what they was. She said it's in case I come up negative. They will run more tests to check better. Screw that. If I'm negative, I'm negative. I'm still getting a mastectomy. 


I tried calling the dr office and lucky for them they were closed. Because I was so pissed off I was crying pissed. I was going to let them have it. I was going to tell them they weren't sitting at home with cancer waiting on a phone call that would change their lives, thanks a lot for forgetting about me. So they will get that call at 8am Monday. Welcome to your work week.


I'm not waiting anymore. The next call after that will be to surgeons. I'm done waiting. I'm done thinking about this. I've had cancer cells in me since December 14th that I know of, longer than that, but who knows how long. I'm done. I'm proceeding with surgery without the BRCA results. Then if they come in positive, then I'll look into getting my ovaries out. I'm gathering all the numbers I've been given by friends and relatives and making calls on Monday for some appts to surgeons. I'm done waiting on people that don't care.


I'm so done.

4 comments:

  1. OK....now move on to another doctor.....give this moron your tongue lashing and for copies of your records and move on. It's better for the screw up to happen now than later. I'm sorry this is not going smoother for you....you're strong enough to survive this!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm tired of being screwed by dr's Sue!!!!!! I am beyond pissed off at this point!! I just want to get past this and I feel stuck in it. stuck sitting here waiting everyday for someone to tell me what to do with my life. I'm so fucking done you don't even know!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally! How terrible. You have already made your decision. Sometimes drs become so callous they forget you are a real live person with a problem and a fear of unknown. Go on. YOu know what to do. BUT I would not let my message to Dr Pallas go through a receptionist. Oh no way!!!! He would get it right straight face to face, if possible, from me. Then like Sue said, get your records and move on. I am so sorry you have been treated this way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He will definitely hear from me on Monday! I already have my records...I ask fr copies of everything at the appts so I have them. I just wish I could find someone I can trust! Makes me REALLY nervous about finding a surgeon!!!

    ReplyDelete