Monday, February 6, 2012

Venting

Really stressed out right now, need to vent. Called the oncologist office this morning to talk to them about my letter of medical necessity they haven't written yet and the receptionist keeps telling me Dr Pallas isn't available and Shannon is busy. I am waiting on a call still. They close at 4:30 and here it is 3:40 and nothing. Called again about 3:00 and she said Shannon was with Dr Pallas going over charts and she will get her the message. I told her it's really important she gets back to me today. Whenever I say something like that, the receptionist gets all business like and snotty. She cut me off twice. I finally talked over her and said, I NEED to talk to Shannon TODAY. If she doesn't call,  Matt will go in there tomorrow on his lunch hour. Believe me, they will wish they had called me back today. =/


He wants to go in but I am trying to deal with this myself. He has enough stress going on and I don't want him going in there and yelling at people when this is something I can deal with. But if they don't call me back today, I know him, he will be in there tomorrow. 


I made an appt with a surgeon for Thursday. The dr is recommended by a friend but I'm so paranoid now after all the bad experiences I've had that I'm really stressed right now. Not to mention that you don't want a bad dr when it comes to someone performing this surgery on you!! So nervous to choose someone. Not feeling very lucky right now...or confident in my dr choices! Hoping for the best. Receptionist was nice =/


I just want all this over with. Been reading all weekend about it and the recovery is scary. Seems you heal pretty good and up and around fast but the total healing is over a month or two and you're very limited on what you can do. One person described it as, hold your elbows into your sides, keep them there and move your arms about. That's your mobility. Matt said like a T-Rex!! So, combing my hair? Make up? dishes up high? anything above your head. no lifting, no closing car doors, no vacuuming, you can't even open your own pill bottle for the first week or two. Never thought about how much you use your chest muscles.


On the good side, no more bra wearing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be FREE! Loving that!! ;)


More when I have more...

No comments:

Post a Comment