Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Unbelieveable

the receptionist at the dr office told me she would have someone call me for sure today with some answers. it's 6pm and my phone hasn't rang. at 4 I decided to call again. I got no answer twice so decided to call their social worker, who told me to call her anytime I needed anything. I told her what was going on and she said the dr has gone home already and won't be back until Thursday now but on Thursday she will get the letter ready for him to sign and have it sent. I explained to her that I have a surgeon appt Thursday and now don't know what to do.
she asked me what the dr suggested I do. I told her lumpectomy but then he wanted me to test for the BRCA gene so I was waiting on that. she suggested I go with the lumpectomy and then when I get the results, we can go from there. OMG, I lost it on her. I said, so you're suggesting I have the lumpectomy and then if I come back positive, I can go back for the mastectomy? she said, well, the mastectomy would be your choice. I said, I was told that the dr's would suggest a mastectomy if I test positive. she didn't know what to say, just kind of sat there. she said, there really isn't anything we can do until Thursday, he doesn't come in on Wednesdays. nice.

I told her about calling Shannon twice and she has never called me back and never called the lab back and guess what? Shannon left for vacation today! I cannot believe she would leave me hanging like this. you honestly went on vacation without calling me back?! she said, they were really busy yesterday. I said, really, that's no excuse. she couldn't find 5 minutes to call me back and let me know what's going on? she also went on vacation without getting that letter ready for him to sign. so, she was just going to never deal with it? Or deal with it next week, or whenever she comes back from vacation?! I am so pissed. I can't believe this keeps happening to me. Its like a nightmare. I find out I have cancer and no one will help me.

I'm going to my surgeon appt Thursday and telling him I want the mastectomy and I'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment