Thursday, April 5, 2012

Week 2

wow, I can't believe it's 2 weeks today since surgery. But most of all I can't believe how far I've come in these 2 weeks. I feel so good now and really didn't expect that in 2 weeks. My drains came out yesterday, finally, and I am so thrilled about that!!! those things were a pain!! In my way to shower and many other things. Good riddance to them!!! But boy did it hurt getting them out!! WOW, didn't expect that!! good thing is, it only hurt for about 5 seconds and then it was over. Just the actual removal of them. so glad they are gone!!

the dr gave me the go ahead to do some light things around here, hooray!! I feel so bad for Matt working so much and so hard, driving an hour there and back and then cooking dinner, trying to clean up around here, doing laundry. He's been very overwhelmed with it all and very stressed with the whole surgery thing. He told me last night he was so worried about how much pain I was going to be in after surgery. me too, but surprisingly it wasn't as bad as I expected. the first few days were, make no mistake, but by day 5 I was off all pain meds except maybe an occasional Motrin here and there. I didn't like the Vicodin AT ALL so quit taking it, but quickly realized I really didn't need anything. I had read the sooner you stop taking them, the faster you'll heal, so maybe that plays a part in how far I've come.

so today I made the beds, washed a few dishes, folded some towels and did some picking up around here. there's still so much to do, but after doing that I actually was sweating for some reason and took my shower. Came out ready to sit. I plan on cooking dinner for the first time tonight too, something small though.

Feels so great to be getting back to normal! Can't wait to see how good I feel by week 3!!

3 comments:

  1. Marge! So glad you found me. I found your acct so far to be very helpful and hopeful! I'm glad the cancer is out. I have only read from your surgery to current, but are you going to have to have chemo of any sort?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, no chemo!! we caught it early and got it all!!

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear you're doing so good! Keep it up...and take it easy. Don't need anything to slow you down like trying to go to fast. ;-)

    ReplyDelete