Thursday, April 12, 2012

Week 3

Can't believe how fast time is flying by. especially considering the boredom and long days stuck here alone. hard to believe its been 3 weeks already.

week 3 was definitely more challenging than week 2. mentally and physically. mentally because I'm feeling better and want to do stuff around here but get tired and sore easily and then have to sit down and then feel frustrated that I am so tired from washing a few dishes. Feel like an old lady. Plus, I've never been stuck in my house for 3 weeks and not be able to drive anywhere. really tired of this chair and the tv. been reading some and Sue gave me a puzzle book, been doing that. Change of pace!

Physically because I had some trouble with the torture strap over the weekend and haven't worn it since. woke up in the night and it was squeezing down so hard on me I had to undo it. Felt like my boobs would explode out the bottom of my incisions! Not fun! I was in a lot of pain in the middle of the night and never really went back to sleep. Put it back on the next morning and it was still way too tight and it was rubbing me raw under my arms. thought I could take a couple days break from it but the raw spots won't go away so yesterday I called the dr and told them what was going on and he said I don't have to wear it.

but the problem is that my implants are too high and he said when we go in to detach the ports then he will probably have to go in and pull the implants down. Sounds like loads of fun!!! In the meantime, now I have lumps way up high on my chest and over by my armpits and they are really in my way and annoying. I don't go back to the dr until the 25th so have to deal with it until then. I think at that appt we decide if I want some saline added to make me bigger and then go in and detach the ports and be done. I will be sooooo glad to be done!!!!

I had read on a couple other blogs that weeks 3 and 4 were most challenging for them so guess I'm right on par! I feel good today and did more around here than I've done yet and then went to lunch with Sue and still feel good, so making progress here. It can be frustrating at times. I keep saying I just want to be back to normal. Been a while! But I'm getting there...slowly but surely.

No comments:

Post a Comment