Friday, April 27, 2012

Week 5

Well, week 5 and I feel great!! I almost feel right back to normal. If my breasts weren't so tight, I would. They aren't as tight as they were but still tight. Takes time to soften and loosen up I'm told. I'm pretty much back to doing whatever I want. Matt still has a fit if I lift something but nothing hurts when I do, it's not a struggle and surely my internal stitches are healed by now! Besides, both dr's said do whatever I feel I can do. I don't push it still. There are certain things I'm nervous to lift, but for the most part I'm good. Amazing to heal from such a major surgery so fast! 


I still have a couple procedures to get through, some nips and tucks as Dr G. called them, but they don't happen for a month or so. They want to make sure all the swelling is gone before we do any final adjustments. I will be THRILLED to be all done with this!!! 


I was so afraid that I was going to be stuck in a chair watching Matt & Kyle do stuff in the yard, mostly worried about working in the garden, but it doesn't look like it's going to be any problem at all. We were dragging branches and wood to the fire pit the other night and I worked in my flower bed. Feels so good to feel normal again and not have all the stress the cancer diagnosis brought with it. Matt said he's finally started to relax and not worry about me now that this is getting farther and farther behind us. I'm so glad. I knew this was really getting to him. His mood and energy has perked back up and he's not calling me everyday like he was ;) . 


Just really happy to have this in the past (even though we're not completely there yet) and moving ahead and never have to worry about it again. Monday I have a date with the treadmill :)  Only thing that's been holding me back this week is my back. It's hurt since surgery. I'm trying to get an appt with the chiro for tomorrow but can't get ahold of him.


Marge

2 comments:

  1. Happy for you! Sounds like you're way ahead of schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lenox. I don't know if I am or not. I just know I'm so happy to feel mostly normal again. Feel great!

    ReplyDelete