Friday, April 20, 2012

week 4

Well, week 4 went a lot better than week 3. I have felt a lot better and got the clearance from my plastic surgeon to do whatever I want, using my own discretion. I've been cleaning but nothing too strenuous. Just getting my house back to clean. Matt & Kyle did their best keeping the house up but I think they got burnt out towards the end. I think they're glad I'm back to cooking and cleaning.

I was hoping at Wednesdays appt that he would be ready to close this all up but he's not. he wants to wait another month because I am still pretty swelled up. I've decided not to get anymore saline put in. all that's in there is what was in there When he placed them during surgery. I'm small, but that's what I wanted. I've been BIG all my life and just don't want to deal with that again. so when the time comes he'll detach the ports and pull the implants down into place.

I still feel very stiff and tight and he said it will take a while to soften up, give it time. I feel much better than previous weeks so that's good. I tore my incision a little tiny bit but he said its superficial, nothing to worry about, it will heal. It had been pulling really hard, making me think a stitch was too tight and I think it broke loose. Feels much better now! but now have to let the tear heal.

Certain things are harder than I want them to be, like sleeping. I slept in the recliner for 3 weeks. I'd try to get in bed and COULD NOT get comfortable. I am finally back in the bed but in my back and I am a stomach sleeper! Hard to sleep, I wake up a million times a night. Driving isn't as easy as it used to be either. hard to lean forward and hard to keep my arms up on the steering wheel. And hard to put my socks on haha. I can but it takes effort.

But there are plenty of things I didn't think I'd be doing yet and am thrilled to do, like the clothesline. And I really never had a lot of problems with my arms past week 2. I'm feeling better everyday and with each week I'm amazed at how fast and well I'm healing. And last but not least, my shirts fit a jolt better!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Excellent! Glad to hear you are healing so well and so quickly! We need to get together soon for dinner or pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were saying the same thing this weekend! I'll have my people call your people when he has time off! :)

    ReplyDelete