Sunday, June 10, 2012

Thank you

Well, I am all done with the plastic surgeon. I went a couple Friday's ago to get my stitches out and it was my last visit with him! No follow ups!! He asked me if I had any questions and handed me an ID card for my implants, in case I go to another plastic surgeon or move out of state and need work on them. I also learned that they can identify you in death by them!!! Freaky! I was shocked when he told me I was all done....and thrilled!!! I have an appt with the breast surgeon on the 22nd and I'm hoping she says the same thing!

I am so thrilled with my new boobs and my scars and everything. I don't think I could've asked for a better job done. I've read on some other blogs that their PS's don't want to do the cut underneath the breasts because it's too much pressure on the incision line. I haven't had one bit of problem with that. The only scar you can see on me is in my cleavage and I think that's only because it's still pretty pink. Underneath has faded out a lot and if the one in between fades like that, I will be more than happy. I'm still amazed at how good of a job he did after looking at so many mastectomy pictures and scars on the internet to prepare myself.

I am 100% back to normal. I am doing everything just like before breast cancer. I feel great (except for the weight I gained stress eating my way through all of this, ugh), am very grateful and thankful and have a whole new outlook on life. I talked to someone yesterday who had a single mastectomy done 22 years ago, had an implant put in and she gave me some really encouraging words. I feel a lot better having talked with her and knowing life goes on and pretty soon I won't even think about the implants on a daily basis. She said I will always think about the breast cancer, it changes you. You realize how precious life is and you don't take it for granted. I told her I have some days where I can't believe this has happened to me and she said I need to find a way to help others. That makes all the difference in the world. To share the knowledge I gained through this and help someone else who doesn't know what to do and has no one to turn to. Just like I was. And to never forget what God has given me. A new lease on life, a fresh start. (For those of you close to me, it was Steve's mom. what a wonderful lady!!!!)

I want to thank everyone for all of their support. All my friends and family and people out there in the blogging world who have followed me. Support helped me a lot while going through this. So did all the blogs I read. Really nice to read others going through it so you know what to expect. I appreciate all the phone calls and kindness everyone has shown me through all of this. I owe everything in the world to my WONDERFUL, SUPPORTIVE best friend/husband, Matt. He has been the best thing in my life since 1989 and especially through all of this. And still is while I sometimes struggle with things. I could NEVER ask for a better man, husband, shoulder, brain, rock, friend.

Also to my friend Kari. You have been there for me since the day I found out I had cancer. When I couldn't tell anyone else anything because I didn't want to talk about it before Christmas, there you were. You have been right there to listen and offer support and help and a really good shoulder and heart too. I really, really cherish our friendship and always will, forever. Thanks for being a TRUE friend to me through this. It means the world to me.

So people, I guess that's it for my breast cancer blog. I don't really have anything to write about as far as breast cancer goes. THANK GOD!!!!!!!! I MADE IT!!!!! I DID IT!!!!! I'M FREE!!!!! THANK. THE. LORD.

Marge :)


2 comments:

  1. So awesome, you're story is eye opening and inspiring. Thanks for sharing this journey with us. Congrats to you and praise the Lord!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen. I truly feel blessed through all of this. Things could not have turned out better for me. Just watched Robin Roberts on GMA tell us because of the treatment she did for breast cancer 5 years ago, she now has MDS, a bone marrow disease and has another fight on her hands. =/ So I am feeling even more blessed this morning for the choice I made and catching my cancer so early.

    ReplyDelete