Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Week 8

Well, tomorrow marks 8 weeks. I am completely back to normal. I'm doing everything I was doing before with no pain, no restrictions, just like before. Getting used to the feeling of my new additions. Things feel different now. More firm than I've ever been. Sometimes so firm they are in my way! But getting used to it. Aggravating sometimes, but better than having breast cancer.


Went to the plastic surgeon today. He scheduled me to have the next procedure done, getting the ports off of the implants. I am at my desired, much smaller size and love it. So he will remove the tubing and ports and also going to do some lipo suction on the sides because I complained that they feel like they are in my armpits and he said he could suck some of the fat off the sides and make it less bulky. Also going to do a little at the top, near my armpits, on the front, for the same reasons. I am not thrilled with having lipo done, scares me, which made the nurse laugh because I'm afraid of the lipo after having a double mastectomy. I said yeah, that sounds dumb! He said because of where the lipo takes place he will not be able to RAM the tube thing so it will be a more gentle procedure than what you see on tv. Which also means there could be less bruising. Recovery time is 2 days, so yay for that! 


Hopefully that is the last procedure I have to do. I'm soooo ready to be done with this! I know it's only been 8 weeks, but I feel I've been going through all of this since my diagnosis, December 14th, which means 5 months and I am really ready to be done and no more dr's!! I know there are people out there doing chemo and radiation for months at a time and my heart goes out to them. There's also people who have the expanders in and are getting fills and going to the dr for months too, so I know I'm lucky to have all this done in just 8 short weeks, but it still feels like forever.


For mothers day Kari got me a tshirt that says, yeah, they're fake! My real ones tried to kill me! Thought that was funny! And today I got my pink survivor bracelet in the mail that I will proudly and happily wear! Soooo glad I caught this so early and was able to stomp on it til it was gone and can go on and live my life! 


Another update after my outpatient surgery next week.

4 comments:

  1. The lipo really isn't that bad, it was definitely the easiest part of my procedure. Good luck!! I'll be getting some lipo done too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks Liz!! That makes me feel a lot better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marge, finally caught up on your blog today! Congratulations!! You have come so far and I know it feels great. I hope that your next procedures go as smoothly as they can. You are amazing.
    kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kim,
    I was thrilled to see you posted and are doing so good too!! We made it through this and came out on the great side. I don't know about you, but I appreciate everything in my life so much more now!! Congrats to you for making it through to the end!

    ReplyDelete